Ready In: 25min
- 16 sea scallops
- 8 slices bacon cut in half crosswise
- 16 toothpicks
- olive oil for drizzling
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Kosher salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 F
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Pat scallops dry with a paper towel and remove any side muscles.
- Wrap one scallop in a half slice of bacon and secure with toothpick. Repeat with remaining scallops.
- Drizzle olive oil over each scallop and season with pepper and kosher salt.
- Arrange scallops in a single layer on prepared baking sheet, giving each scallop some room to allow the bacon to crisp
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes until scallop is tender and opaque and bacon is cooked through. Serve hot.