Ready In: 55min
- 5 ounces glass noodles
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Thai or Vietnamese fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup safflower oil
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced shallots (from 3 medium)
- 3 tablespoons thinly sliced lemongrass (from 1 stalk)
- 4 teaspoons minced fresh ginger (from a peeled 1 1/2-inch piece)
- 1 serrano or hot red-finger chile pepper, thinly sliced into rounds (seeds removed, if less heat is desired)
- 10 ounces shiitake mushrooms, stemmed and thinly sliced (about 4 cups)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 8 ounces sugar snap peas, trimmed (about 4 cups)
- 3 large eggs, cracked into a bowl
- 1 bunch fresh basil, stems discarded, leaves sliced if large (1/2 cup packed)
Place noodles in a baking dish; cover with boiling water. Let stand until tender and translucent, about 10 minutes; drain. In a bowl, combine soy sauce, fish sauce, lime juice, and 1/4 cup water.
Heat a wok or large skillet (preferably cast iron) over high. When it begins to smoke, swirl in 1 tablespoon oil. Add shallots, lemongrass, ginger, and chile. Cook until sizzling and aromatic, about 1 minute. Transfer to a large plate
Return wok to high heat. Swirl in 1 tablespoon oil. Add mushrooms, season with salt, and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender and browned, 4 to 5 minutes. Transfer to plate.
Return wok to high heat. Swirl in 1 tablespoon oil. Add shrimp and snap peas, season with salt, and cook, stirring occasionally, until shrimp are opaque and just cooked through and peas are charred in places, 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer to plate.
Return wok to high heat. Swirl in remaining 1 tablespoon oil. Add eggs and scramble with a fork, cooking until they are beginning to set but still very wet, about 15 seconds. Quickly return shallot mixture, mushrooms, shrimp, and snap peas to skillet. Add noodles and soy-sauce mixture; season with pepper. Cook, tossing, until combined and heated through, about 1 minute. Remove from heat, stir in basil, and serve.