Ready In: 25min
- 2 tablespoons sunflower oil
- 2-3 cloves of garlic (minced)
- 8 ounces Vegan Chicken Strips
- 3/4 cup mushrooms (sliced)
- 1 (4-ounce) can bamboo shoots (drained & sliced thin)
- 2 stalks celery (sliced)
- 1 red bell pepper (chopped)
- 1/3 cup vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch (mixed with 3 tablespoons water)
- 1/2 cup cashews
- Optional: 3 green onions (chopped)
- In a large skillet or wok, heat the oil and add garlic and ginger for just a minute or two, then add the vegan chicken strips, carefully stirring to mix up the ginger and garlic, Heat for 3 to 4 minutes, until vegan chicken is lightly golden.
- Add the red bell pepper and celery and heat, stirring, for about a minute, then add the mushrooms and bamboo shoots
- Add the vegetable broth or water and soy sauce and allow to simmer for another minute or two, until vegetables are tender but not yet done.
- Stir in water-cornstarch mixture, heat until thickened and vegetables are done cooking; then stir in cashews and green onions. Combine well.
- Serve this vegetable stir fry immediately with steamed rice, cooked noodles, or your favorite whole grain.