- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- ½ medium (47g) onion (finely diced)
- 1 lb (454g) “Beyond Meat” Beyond Burger ground
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 28 oz (794 g) canned crushed tomatoes
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 8 cups (944g) uncooked zucchini “pasta” (zoodles)
- Saute onions in olive oil over medium heat for 3-5 minutes, until translucent.
- Turn heat up to medium-high, add the ground beef substitute and Italian seasoning to pot, and cook for about 5 minutes or until the meat is no longer pink.
- Add crushed tomatoes and salt to the pot and simmer for 10 minutes.
- While the sauce is cooking, lightly saute the spiralized zoodles until just softened, about 2-4 minutes or per package directions.
- Serve zoodles topped with the tomato sauce. Garnish with fresh basil or cheese alternative if desired (macros not included.)
- Store leftovers in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for up to 3-5 days.